Monday, August 6, 2007

The Time Machine


So what started as an innocent trip to the bike shop for some chain cleaner ended with the purchase of a new bike. Fortunately in this instance I was not guilty of this impulse purchase.I was happily chatting to the sales person about chain cleaner and cycle shorts and as I turn around i see that Jonathon has already committed to the new machine.

Apparently owning a carbon Time frame has been on his wish list for many years and it has now been made a reality. The guys in the shop took all the components off his Cervelo and refitted them onto the new frame. Jonathon intends to sell the Cervelo in the next few weeks.

Needless to say it was a sad moment to see he was out of love with his old bike and truly, madly , deeply infatuated with the new one- thank goodness we are talking about a bike!!!

The newt result is that Jonathon is now even faster than before and I will never be able to catch him on a hill again. I was right...the day I beat him up the Taronga Zoo hill was the only opportunity i would ever get to do it. In hindsight I am glad I did the chicken dance in celebration!!!

Anyway here is a pic of the new Time Machine (full carbon, made in France....)

No comments:


Bears held in cages for bile extraction- a cruel and unneccessary prctise

Bear in cage