Monday, July 30, 2007

So I decided to take the plunge and start going through the list of things I need for my trip on the weekend. At the top of the list is a sleeping bag and all purpose jacket. On the surface these seem like reasonably easy items to purchase. That is until you venture into the camping/outdoor adventure stores. It really is a whole new world. There are so many types of Gortex jackets with different levels of breathability and water resistance. Sleeping bags...wow...do I really need one suitable for -9 degrees and duck down. I think we visited 7 stores and I walked out with a book on the British invasion of Tibet in the early 1900's... Well I thought I should catch up on my Tibetan history and think that watching Brad Pitt in Seven Years in Tibet does not count.....

I reached the conclusion that I should not agonise over it too much. One final trip is in order to knock over the whole list. Oh and did I mention who ridiculously expensive these items are..I may need to put Trumpet on ebay to fund my sleeping bag.

No comments:


Bears held in cages for bile extraction- a cruel and unneccessary prctise

Bear in cage