Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We Start riding..





Today Wednesday we started riding. As you can see here my odometer is set to 0.00 which means over 1000 km ahead of me. Everyone was very nervous and excited as well. This is what we have been waiting for. My eyes were well enough to wear contact lenses much to my relief.



Our first stop was the Potalla Palace where we got photos with our bikes. We received a lot of attention from the Chinese tourists who decided to take photos of us...I think that was my 15 minutes of fame....




We found our riding legs and adjusted to the traffic. In a few hours the traffic had thinned and we were well and truly on the road. Mainly flat. This was it.....




It felt really good riding. I had rested well and got accustomed to the traffic in no time. The heat during the day was intense..it really was going to be a test of endurance rather than a sprint to the finish...

No comments:


Bears held in cages for bile extraction- a cruel and unneccessary prctise

Bear in cage