Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sleeping Bag




Shopping for equipment is in full swing. This became a priority after I went to the travel agent and paid for my airfare. Alysha who has been making all the bookings put the fear of god into me as she recounted her experience from trekking to base camp. In summary it was freezing -4 at night, and by the time she had got there she had lost alot of weight so felt the cold even more. Somehow I was stuck on the thought that we will be there in summer so therefore did not envisage this kind of temperature range. Suddenly I was rethinking this rationale and decided that I needed warmer clothes. Managed to get a sleeping bag suited to -9 and hiking socks. All that remains now are hiking shoes and incidentals. I tested out the sleeping bag at home and it really is very warm. Even that cat and dog decided to make sure it was warm enough and they both gave it the paws up.

No comments:


Bears held in cages for bile extraction- a cruel and unneccessary prctise

Bear in cage