Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oh no...I can not get sick!!!

I awoke yesterday morning feeling a little under the weather...sore throat, headache and chills. This morphed into cold sweats whilst at work and that fuzzy head feeling by the afternoon. Thankfully I was able to head home early and climb into bed. The thought of getting sick this close to departure when I should be training my hardest fills me with dread. It can not happen!!! I need to be healthy. On top of this Megan has advised that we need multiple disease prevention injections which can not be administered if you are ill.

As you can imagine fear was beginning to sweep over me as it started to seem like the wheels were falling off. Bed really was the only place to be, so with Lemsip and Disprin I passed out in a hope of sleeping the bug away.

Jonathon walked in the door at around 7pm, and made me some dinner, which I ate whilst watching Top Gear. I shared my chicken leg with Trumpet who promptly began choking on the bone. There was that moment when we thought we could get the bone out ourselves, which soon disappeared when we realised it was stuck.

We were in the car quick smart heading up to the 24 hour vet hospital. We made the trip in record time, and I was still in my pyjamas when I ran into the vet announcing that the dog had a bone stuck in his throat. On the car ride up he had several full on spasms whilst sitting on my lap. This freaked me out and I completely panicked.....and felt utterly helpless

The vet acted quickly and took Trumpet away. She emerged 5 minutes later with a big piece of bone to show us. It was lodged up behind his back teeth in his jaw....ouch!! Apart from that no damage done, but he was very sheepish for the car ride home.

Phew what an evening, from Lemsip and Disprin to full on adrenalin in 2 seconds flat..things are never dull. Thank goodness Trumps is OK...I was scared. After this ordeal it was back to bed...well at least I was in my pyjamas. Oh and note to self no more chicken bones for Trumpet!!

No comments:


Bears held in cages for bile extraction- a cruel and unneccessary prctise

Bear in cage